- Who can try out? Boys 2008 – 2006 on an invitation only basis.
- How do I apply? Please complete the form below. The coaching staff will review your resume and invite select players to join a training session. You will be contacted by a member of the Hartford Athletic staff if you are selected.
PATHWAY TO THE PROS PHILOSOPHY
Provide opportunities for youth players and coaches to reach their potential.
Develop a pathway that mirrors the experience of a first team player, including values, culture, technical and tactical approach, analytics, expectations, and growth.
Support Connecticut in its pursuit to be a dominant state in the development of soccer players within the United States.
Build a development pipeline to identify players for our professional team.
ABOUT THE U14 PRO DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Fall and Spring Program Overview:
- September 2020 to June 2021
- Tournaments and Friendly Matches (MLS, USL, ECNL)
- Supplemental Opportunities
- Winter Futsal/Indoor Program
- International trips to Southampton FC or Sporting Portugal (travel costs not included in program fee)
- Internship opportunities on Hartford Athletic Match days
First Team Experience:
- Player profiles and development programs individualized for each player
- The First Team’s nutritionist, Dr. Melissa Brown from the University of St. Joseph’s will provide support, guidance and individual consultations with each player throughout the season
- Video analysis will be done utilizing first team software and equipment; Spiideo, SportsCode and Hudl
- Players to learn tactics and strategies of the first team in an age appropriate way
- Players to engage with the first team (staff and players) throughout the season, viewing training sessions and having opportunities for Q&A
- Yoga sessions every other week with the First Team’s yoga instructor
- CCADV Coaching Boys Into Men training seminars throughout the season
- All of our coaching staff are professionals (experienced or licensed) and aligned with the Hartford Athletic Way and First Team philosophy
- Senior Youth Advisor: Tony Salentino (Southampton FC)
- Technical Advisor: Paul Buckle
- Coach: Kledis Capollari
- Sr. Coaching Advisor: Harry Watling (Hartford Athletic First Team Head Coach)
- Sr. Assistant Coaching Advisor: Luiz Silva (Hartford Athletic First Team Assistant Coach)
- Fitness Coach: Joe Santos
- Fall: September to mid-November
- Spring: February to June